Crunchy Couscous Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet onion
- 2 tablespoon black olives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Thinly slice and quarter cucumbers. Chop bell pepper, onion, olives and parsley.
In a medium saucepan heat water to a boil and add couscous. Return to boiling. Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool while preparing vegetables.
Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, olives and parsley to couscous.
Combine olive oil, wine or vinegar, feta cheese, basil, salt and pepper to make dressing. Mix with the couscous salad.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve chilled.