- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries or 14 ounces no-sugar-added frozen strawberries
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Finely chop the strawberries.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the canola oil and strawberries and stir well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture.
- Use a large spoon and mix until well blended; do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into two ungreased 9" x 5" loaf pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then use a knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the loaf pans and remove gently. Finish cooling on a rack.
- Serve or wrap the bread in plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh. Loaves can be refrigerated or frozen.