Angelina's Gingerbread Muffins
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 1% low fat milk
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, oil, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined: do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese.