Artichoke Relish on Toasted Pita
- CKD non-dialysis
2 tablespoons of relish on 2 pita wedges
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces canned diced pimento
- 2 green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds, 7” size
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts and pimento. Thinly slice the green onions and mince the garlic clove.
- Combine all ingredients except the pitas in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Split the pita rounds open. Cut each half into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- Place the pita wedges on a baking sheet, smooth side down and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool the pita wedges and set aside in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Top each pita wedge with 1 tablespoon of Artichoke Relish.